Friday, September 18, 2009

Whistling in the Dark

So I read the book "Whistling in the Dark," as a request from my mum, and LOVED it! It is about the O'Malley sisters, Sally and Troo, and their life on Vliet Street. There is a murderer and molester running around, and he has already killed two little girls. Sally knows she is next on the list. Before her dad died, she promised him she would look after Troo, her younger sister of 10 months. When their mom has to go to the hospital for a while, Nell, the oldest sister, is supposed to take care of Sally and Troo. But she is too busy with her boyfriend, and their step-dad is too busy getting drunk to take care of them. So Sally and Troo have to rely on the care of their nieghbors. Sally is sure she knows who the killer is, but there are several suprising twists. So, on my request, read it!
After I read the book, I noticed that Sally reminds me of somebody. Here is a description of her:
"I had green eyes that sat under eyebrows almost invisible to the naked eye but had some bulkiness to them. I was not as tall as Troo, even though she was younger than me. I had long legs but small feet and hands because I was born a month early. And I had no freckles on my face. Not one. But I had been told once or twice that I had darling dimples and nice thick blond hair." Sally is also sort of a push over, and pretty much does whatever anyone tells her to do. She is kind, and can't break a promise. Who does that remind you of? Does it remind you of a certain little girl, with blond hair, long legs, and was born a month early? Is her name Arlie Belle Moore. Yup. I read this description to Arlie, and she pretty much dropped to the floor. She claims the author was stalking her. Yeah, um, no. But really the only difference is the green eyes. So it's kinda creepy. But, still, an awesome book.

1 comment:

Mary-Leah said...

Well if reading books and posting book reviews gets you to blog, then I'm all for it! I'll be picking out another book for you right away! :)